DIPEO CAPITAL (RF) (PTY) LTD (“Dipeo”) (PREVIOUSLY THEMBEKA CAPITAL) (49%)
The Dipeo BEE Education Trust (of which all beneficiaries are black individuals) owns 51% of Dipeo, with PSG owning the remaining 49%. PSG originally provided Dipeo with R800m in preference share funding to acquire select investments, the most significant being interests of 5.2% in Curro, 4.3% in Pioneer Foods, 4.2% in Quantum Foods, 20% in Kaap Agri and 3.5% in Stadio Holdings. These investments, except for Kaap Agri, are subject to Black Economic Empowerment (“BEE”) lock-in periods. The Dipeo BEE Education Trust will use its share of the value created from these investments to fund gifted but needy black students’ education. As at 28 February 2018, Dipeo’s SOTP value amounted to R1.09bn.